And did you get what you wanted, My Darling?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice, to be True Blue?


True Blue, One and Only, Right as Rain, Sure as Sally. It always seems to me like the people who have it all figured out, are the people who can successfully apply these catch phrases to their lives. My Mother once said with an almost too wistful look on her face 'it's nice to be true blue, isn't it?' .... Sorry Mother, wouldn't know. But mind you, I wouldn't have picked the ol' TCameron for much of a true blue gal herself.

In a world that is constantly changing and rearranging, the only thing I seem to be certain of is uncertainty. There is no dappled, discredited unknown in my eyes. The only thing I know is the fact that I am AOK with pulling a blank slate. Seasons come and go, interests pass and fade away, talents get ignored and somewhere along the way relationships get built and fall by the wayside. Cynic? Who, me? Until recently I would have pegged myself as the disdainfully sober old man who only raised his head when he heard someone bitching and moaning about the old ball and chain. 'Relationships? Co-dependency? HA.' I would have said, had you asked me this time last year. But it's that time this year, and everyone knows that the Winter Messes are just around the corner. Who's to say that the Winter Messes can't be greeted with a good old case of the Winter Warms? A few couch cuddles. A couple hand brushes here and there, (God forbid I actually hold the thing.) Maybe this season it's time to greet the old with the new, and find something slightly more reasoned... 

Until I know for certain, I'll be calling myself Pallid Blue. Congratulations, Mother. It certainly is a step up from Charcoal Grey.




Lullaby

Eyelids lull,

Lashes soft as pussy willows.

 

Heart as fervent as it is certain

This is life.

This is purpose.

 

Wild brothers,

I, my rebel’s keep.

1 comment: